Friday, December 30, 2016

I Have a lot swirling today

In my head that is.

It's not like things are actually swirling. 

I read a thing today. It's a angry feminist piece, so if your feelings are easily hurt don't click. Of course just saying that some of you who shouldn't click will. Don't say I didn't warn you.

It hit home for me, because of course it did. She says a lot of things that ring true. Like having be ingrained to seek the approval of men, while also being taught to fear them. It usually played out differently in my head more "Don't upset the men." Because let's face it, they are fragile emotionally while being strong physically. Even the best ones need their ego stroked almost continuously. Laugh at all their stupid, offensive jokes. And carry the emotional load of the relationships. All the while they use and abuse us. 

I'm not even married to a man and I'm tired of it.

So now I'm at a point where I want to stop with this nonsense. I will no longer be coddling men. I will be calling them out on their bullshit. And to be clear calling you out isn't hateful, I'm not PMSing. It's not an uncivil act to disagree with you.

I don't care if how I'm dressed or how I do my makeup gives you a boner. I will not smile because you ask. 

I will tell all the stories of my abuse. I don't care if you believe me. I will not put up with anyone questioning my experience. If I say it happened that way, it did.

I don't hate anyone, but you will be treated how you treat me. I will do everything in my power to protect myself. Emotionally and physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment